Dental Implants: Everything you need to know
- Dental implants are the next best thing to your healthy, natural teeth. Strong and stable, a dental implant restores a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth when implanted by an experienced implant dentist. Other options such as dentures or bridges can lead to bone deterioration, and may interfere with eating, smiling, speaking and other activities of everyday life.
- Dental implants are built to last. That makes them your best long-term, cost-effective solution. Traditional, tooth-supported dental bridges only last five to seven years, and with proper care often more than 10 years, but at some point they may need to be replaced. Those costs can really add up over time. While dental implants may need periodic adjustments, they can last a lifetime when properly placed and cared for over time by your local dental implant expert in Sandyford, Dublin.
- Dental implants allow you to enjoy life without worrying about your teeth! There is no need for you to stay home or feel uncomfortable in public, embarrassed because your smile looks different, or worry that missing teeth will limit your ability to join in the fun. And you certainly don’t need to worry like you do with removable dentures or tooth-supported replacement teeth could loosen or fall out when you talk, eat or laugh. Teeth restored with dental implants are teeth that let you, not your teeth, lead your life.
- Dental implants retain your natural face shape, and smile. A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken and sad. Dental implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face and smile. It’s important to talk to a tooth replacement expert such as Beacon Dental Clinic in Dublin before you consider any other option because some other tooth replacement options have the side effect of allowing your appearance to change over time, which may not be attractive.
- Dental implants protect your healthy bone. Leaving empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to additional health issues, such as the loss and deterioration of some of your jawbone. When it is not being used to support a natural tooth, the jawbone deteriorates, losing its strength and firmness. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves and stimulates natural bone, actually helping to stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.
- Dental implants keep your teeth in your mouth – not in a cup like dentures. Dental implants allow you to keep your teeth where they belong – in your mouth. And no more worrying that your dentures might slip or fall out. Brush, floss and care for teeth that have been replaced using dental implants exactly the way you would natural teeth – in your mouth.
- Dental implants allow you to speak easy, so you’re not embarrassed. Adjusting to removable dentures can mean struggling to pronounce everyday words. Not so with dental implants, which function like natural teeth.
- Dental implants allow you to eat your favourite foods! Sounds great, doesn’t it! You can taste and enjoy the foods you love without hesitation when you have dental implants placed by a proven dental implant dentist. You can bite naturally, and eat virtually anything you want with dental implants. Unlike removable dentures that can feel uncomfortable, you can experience the full taste of the food you eat with dental implants.
- Dental implants keep your teeth in place – silently. Dentures may slip when you eat, talk, smile, laugh, kiss, yawn or cough, so that you have to “reposition” them back into place in the mouth. Dental implants are fixed in place and fuse naturally with your jawbone, meaning your replacement teeth won’t move, click or shift. Much better!
- Dental implants also protect your healthy teeth. Placing a tooth-supported bridge requires grinding away the teeth on one or both sides of the missing tooth or teeth – thereby damaging healthy teeth to restore those that are missing. The modified healthy teeth are attached to, and support, the bridge. In contrast, dental implants go in the jawbone where your missing tooth root was, without damaging healthy teeth. Dental implants also help prevent healthy, adjacent teeth from shifting – otherwise those teeth could shift into the empty space next to them.
- Dental implants are more predictable than other repair and restoration methods. Dental implant treatment has a track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes and is often considered “more predictable” than other treatments to repair or replace missing teeth, including bridgework, removable appliances and re treatment of failing root canal therapy.
Beacon Dental Clinic, Beacon Consultants Clinic, Dublin, D18 E7P4, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 213 5644 | Fax: +353 1 213 5645 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org