Benefits of Dental Teeth Cleaning
There is numerous benefits to good oral hygiene. Read on to learn the benefits of having your teeth regularly cleaned.
- Prevent cavities – The whitish film that builds up on your teeth is called plaque and is the leading cause of tooth decay. This acidic substance eats away at the tooth enamel and, if left unattended, can lead to cavities. Plaque can be removed by brushing, flossing and dental cleaning.
- Stop tooth loss – Gum disease, which starts with built-up plaque, is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. As gum disease advances, plaque moves further down the tooth where it can destroy the supporting bone in your jaw, causing teeth to loosen and fall out. Luckily, the chance of this happening to you can be greatly reduced through regular dental cleaning combined with good oral hygiene habits.
- Brighten your smile – Drinking coffee, tea and wine or using tobacco can stain your teeth. A dental teeth cleaning can remove built-up stains and leave you with freshly polished teeth. The result? A whiter, brighter smile!
- Freshen your breath – Good oral hygiene is the best way to prevent persistent bad breath. Even if you brush and floss regularly, getting a cleaning is a great way to keep your mouth healthy and odour-free.
- Boost your overall health – Studies have shown a connection between oral and overall health. Regular dental cleaning may help lower your risk for some diseases, like heart disease and stroke. Many medical conditions, some of them life-threatening, can be detected in their early stages by your dentist during a routine oral exam.
- Save money – By having your teeth regularly cleaned, you are taking a preventative step to problems down the road with your teeth. Having your teeth regularly cleaned will protect your oral health and potentially help avoid more costly and extensive procedures.
For these advantages and more, make an appointment with your the Beacon Dental Clinic based in Sandyford, Dublin today.
The Beacon Dental Clinic provide employee friendly appointments on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7.30/8.00 am. The procedure takes 30 to 45 minutes and costs €80.00.
Beacon Dental Clinic, Beacon Consultants Clinic, Dublin, D18 E7P4, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 213 5644 | Fax: +353 1 213 5645 | Email: email@example.com