Snoring Treatment Dublin
Everyone snores occasionally, while it is believed that around 1 in 3 people worldwide snore regularly.
While snoring can be harmless, it may also be a symptom of Sleep Apnoea, a condition where the sufferer periodically stops breathing during sleep for a few seconds each time, causing the sufferer to wake briefly. They may not be aware of this, but the quality of their sleep can be severely affected.
The Beacon Dental Clinic, Sandyford, Dublin can treat snoring and sleep apnoea painlessly and without any permanent changes to your body by providing a custom fit anti-snoring device (like a small mouthguard). It is recognised as one of the least expensive and most successful medical treatments to stop snoring.
The frequency and volume of your snore are critical as they can show whether you have obstructive sleep apnea or a potentially life-threatening condition. Sleep apnea can make your breathing shallow, or stop you from breathing. At this point, it is crucial that you consult your health specialist.
How Does Snoring Occur?
Snoring is the vibration of the tissues of the nose and throat, which results in a hoarse or harsh sound. Snoring occurs when your breathing is obstructed partially.
Does Snoring Indicate Obstructive Sleep Apnea (Osa) All The Time?
While snoring may be a sign of obstructive sleep apnea, other reasons may also cause it, including pregnancy, allergies, congestion, obesity, or even the use of alcohol.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
- Snoring during sleep\ difficulty concentrating
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Morning headache
- Restless sleep
- Sore throat
- Waking up from choking or gasping
- Night chest pain
- High blood pressure
- Loud snoring that disturbs your partner’s sleep
How is Snoring Treated?
One of the efficient ways of treating loud snoring caused by obstructive sleep apnea is the use of an oral appliance. This plastic oral device helps to keep your breathing passages open as you sleep.
Oral Appliance Therapy
This is an excellent way of treating mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea to help improve your daytime alertness, emotional stability, and concentration.
Oral appliances are highly recommended for people whose obstructive sleep apnea is as a result of a narrow airway or a tongue that falls back into the airway at night, obstructing their breathing.
This device efficiently repositions your jaws and stabilises your tongue, thereby enlarging the airway and preventing tongue obstruction to promote proper airflow during sleep.
Advantages of Oral Appliance Therapy for snoring
- Noninvasive: The process does not necessitate the need for surgery as fitting and following-up are quite simple.
- Aids compliance: Since the device is easy and comfortable to use, it enables you to comply with your regular treatment to eliminate the adverse health risks associated with sleep apnea.
- Ease of use: Some patients prefer using oral appliances for their sleep apnea because they are comfortable to wear. Also, it does not take them too long to get used to sleeping with the device in their mouth
- Small and portable: this equipment makes travelling with your sleep apnea treatment easy. These oral devices are small enough to fit in a carry-on bag or a purse.
- High success rate: Oral appliance therapy has a high success rate as the users do not have to worry about issues such as stuffy nose, rash around the mask area or dryness. All of these problems are avoided when they use oral appliance therapy.
How Beacon Dental Clinic Can Help Quieten Your Snore
Other than prescribing oral devices, your dentist may recommend other strategies to reduce your snoring at night such as;
- Losing weight
- Consuming little or no alcohol at night
- Avoiding sleeping on your back
- Eliminating or reducing the use of sedatives
Using dental devices is an excellent way to treat your snoring, and obstructive sleep apnea. Your symptoms and your quality of life will improve as long as you remain committed to your treatment and use it as advised by your dentist. Other benefits include;
- Helps you to sleep better
- Enables you to have more energy and alertness throughout the day
- People around you will sleep better with the absence of snoring
Why not contact us today for your first consultation?
Beacon Dental Clinic, Beacon Consultants Clinic, Dublin, D18 E7P4, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 213 5644 | Fax: +353 1 213 5645 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org