Cosmetic Tooth Problems & Solutions
Most people look at their smile and, although they may love it for the most part, they may wish that they could change just one or two things to improve the appearance of their teeth. Modern dentistry services can improve the overall appearance of your mouth to restore confidence in your smile.
Cosmetic surgery encompasses many treatments. From minor fixes to major surgery, it creates symmetry, balance, and alignment. That’s why it focuses on improving your dental aesthetics in terms of colour, position, shape, size, and overall alignment of your teeth.
With increasing awareness about oral health, cosmetic dentistry is becoming widely popular. Essential cosmetic dentistry procedures include tooth crowns and bridges, veneers, fillings, and implants.
There are many reasons why someone may want to change the appearance of their teeth, but some of the most commonly treated cosmetic dental problems include the following:
- Crooked Teeth. If teeth are not perfectly straight or close to it, they can draw attention to themselves. Extremely crooked teeth can also hinder proper speech or chewing. Crooked teeth are often treated with dental bonding or veneers to create the appearance of straighter teeth.
- Chipped or Cracked Teeth. Teeth that are cracked or chipped can become more damaged over time, thus becoming less functional and susceptible to decay. Missing enamel can be replaced with dental bonding, fillings, crowns, and veneers.
- Discolored Teeth. When your teeth are discolored, you can become very self-conscious about your smile. Although tooth discoloration may be embarrassing, cosmetic treatments are quick and simple. With teeth whitening, dental bonding, or veneers, your teeth can have an even, natural-looking color all the way across your smile.
- Missing Teeth. Having a hole in your smile can lead you to avoid smiling altogether. Not only that, but missing teeth can cause shifting teeth, bone loss, or neuromuscular problems. It is important to have missing teeth replaced as soon as possible to prevent any future problems. Missing teeth are most often treated with dental implants or a fixed bridge.
- Gaps Between Teeth. Big or small gaps in your smile can cause embarrassment, which can ultimately cause you to hide your smile. Gaps don’t have to be fixed with braces or complex treatments. Instead, they can often be filled in almost instantly with dental bonding or veneers.
- Misshaped Teeth. A misshaped tooth can be too short, too long, or overall different from the rest of your teeth. These issues can be easily corrected with dental bonding, veneers, or crowns.
1. If you suffer from crooked teeth, there are two solutions.
First, you can straighten your smile with veneers. People usually prefer this treatment as they can make additional changes to the colour and shape of their teeth.
The second option is using aligners. This is a proven, comfortable, and affordable way to straighten your smile.
2. To fix chipped teeth, you need to replace the missing enamel with dental bonding and teeth crowns.
The cosmetic bonding depends on the size and placement of the chipped tooth. The bonding material will be applied to fill and replicate the area of the missing tooth.
A dental crown is used to treat severe chipped conditions like on the inner or biting surface of the tooth. It helps to preserve the structure of a healthy tooth from additional damage.
3. Cosmetic bonding is used to treat minor cracked teeth by filling in the impacted area to restore your tooth’s look and function. For a more severe condition, a dental crown can help. The durable and tooth-coloured cap sits over your tooth and secures the problem area.
A root canal may be needed for an even more damaged condition to preserve the tooth structure. If it is beyond repair, you can go for dental implants.
4. Tooth veneers can fix uneven teeth and bites. Re-contouring can also repair uneven teeth. But this treatment is advised only for minor differences.
5. With dental implants or tooth bridges, the missing teeth issue can be resolved.
6. Dental bonding or veneers can fill gapped teeth. Dentists can even use clear teeth aligners to shift teeth closer together until they have reached the required position. Then you can have a retainer to keep them in their proper place.
7. Dental bonding, veneers, and tooth crowns can rectify misshapen teeth.
Everyone loves to be able to smile with confidence. So don’t deprive yourself. To improve the overall functionality or appearance of your teeth, please do not hesitate to contact the Beacon Dental Clinic.
Your well-being & comfort are at the heart of everything we do.
Beacon Dental Clinic, Beacon Consultants Clinic, Dublin, D18 E7P4, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 213 5644 | Fax: +353 1 213 5645 | Email: email@example.com